Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Arlington, South Dakota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // South Dakota // Arlington
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What is the recommended number of times I should refinish cabinets
One of the great things with wood is that it can be refinished many times to make furniture appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, such as the durability of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the project needs to be followed up depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing project can last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Why is cabinet refinishing a smart investment for the look of my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new ones and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive way to enhance your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already fit in great with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves less chaos to your daily life compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Arlington, SD have related paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this option is best for you.
What certifications or qualifications are good to look for in a cabinet refinishing contractor?
While there aren't industry-mandated certifications designed for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are important qualifications and indicators of skill that you can look for when hiring someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will highlight their background in carpentry, woodworking, or a related field on their Thumbtack page.
You should ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished in other homes, especially featuring results that are similar to the style you're trying to accomplish. Besides a picture gallery, most professional contractors can highlight their experience and dependability through online customer reviews.
A reliable professional can supply a clear written estimate of the job before it commences, outlining the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should have excellent communication skills and be able to address any questions and concerns regarding cost, schedule, and craftsmanship during the refinishing project. It would be wise to also ask for warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another factor that can demonstrate they have faith in the quality of their workmanship.
What steps are followed for expertly refinished cabinets?
An expert handling your cabinet refinishing task will follow an established process for speed and proven results. There are usually numerous steps used to transform the appearance of existing cabinets, for example:
- Assessment and Prepping: Cabinets are first assessed to make sure they are in proper condition to be refinished. If so, all hardware will be taken off, such as handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces will be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some insignificant issues, like scratches, dents, and similar blemishes in the wood can be repaired or filled before being blended in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in smooth, even coats to achieve the style you've envisioned. The drying and curing stage will be crucial to giving a high-quality outcome, and could require several hours to complete.
- Reassembly: Once your paint or stain completely cures, all parts can be reattached and cabinets fully reassembled for use. A quality inspection will guarantee the final project satisfies your standards, which includes a final cleanup of the full work area.
It's useful to note that any refinishing process may vary depending on things such as the kind of cabinets and the chosen finish. Additionally, professionals may perform detailed methods, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific aesthetic results, which will require a longer process with more steps. Make sure to communicate directly with any contractor you employ to ensure they have the skill to bring your vision to life.
Find a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Arlington, SD
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the look of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and many people in Arlington, SD have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more people are starting to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less chaotic to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those on a tight schedule.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Arlington, SD confidently.