Find a Cabinet Painter in Avon, South Dakota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // South Dakota // Avon
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Should I use the same paint on my walls to renew the appearance of my cabinets?
A commonly asked question pertains to the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used with walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the kind of paint generally used for interior walls will encounter some difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them that sleek aesthetic. Common wall paints may not stick adequately to cabinets or begin chipping or flaking away prematurely. The type of paint professionals utilize for cabinets has adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also necessitates longer drying and curing times than those typically applied to walls.
What features should I expect from a reliable cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painters to uncover the most suitable one for your specifications and style requires a substantial amount of work. A good place to start is by understanding precisely what aesthetic you want to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see samples of their past work similar to what you're looking for beforehand to get a sense of their experience and skill. Trustworthy contractors will be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a set budget worked out while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate significantly. Ensure that any professional you hire gives written statements of all material and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's timeline. What you don't need is for any surprises to occur after the project commences that can raise costs above what you planned for.
Give attention to the professional's dependability by assessing their online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from past clients for view online, and these are also an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and within budget.
Should I simply paint over my home's cabinets?
It's always enticing to quickly begin dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming task when doing it alone, but a professional can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality starting with the most common prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that any dirt and grime are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning step is also an appropriate time to take apart the cabinets and their components, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products that professionals use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also reach any places that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in some cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only flake away and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
Will it be costly to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are several things that play into the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. In Avon, SD, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's advised to first obtain quotes from various professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors may charge you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: The painter must recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with a gallon usually being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the project finished.
You'll need to talk about your kitchen's particular cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Renew Your Home for Less With a Dependable Cabinet Painter Near Avon, SD
A quick way to enhance the appeal of your home and refresh the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a more affordable choice over expensive replacements that also requires less messy and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of heavy use and give them a new look that will match your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painter in Avon, SD fluctuates, but some homeowners have reported spending less than a third on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, aspects such as the variety of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. You should first come up with a budget and then ask around among several different painting contractors to discover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also benefits for the world when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing process of wood and metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your present cabinets may be in good enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll love.
While hunting for the right cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and specifications, you should look at their customer reviews, portfolio of past work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A reliable painter will be willing to share their history of delivering projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you understand precisely what to expect when the project is complete. Discover all the information you need to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Avon, SD easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.