Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Huron, South Dakota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // South Dakota // Huron
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of benefits should I expect by deciding to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that plenty of homeowners discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of totally replacing them is a smart way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to upcycle current furniture rather than throw it out. Some other great benefits of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically change the style of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and stress-free technique to refresh their style versus installing new ones. Since you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the long process of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality results when you allow a vetted contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to ensure your cabinets look as you planned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
What is the distinction between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used interchangeably, but there are big differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand what service you want. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the current doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has its own unique approach and imparts a distinctive effect in the style of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times should cabinets be refinished
One of the best benefits about wood is that it can be refinished several times to make furniture look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, such as the quality of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the process must be repeated depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing service will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
Why is cabinet refinishing a smart investment for the look of my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new ones and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit waste by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable project to enhance your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets may already fit in well with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires less disruption to your daily life compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Huron, SD have reported paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
One Place With All The Information You Need To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher in Huron, SD With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the style of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and many homeowners in Huron, SD have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many homeowners are starting to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less disruptive to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Huron, SD with confidence.