Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Alexandria, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Is cabinet refinishing worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive way to boost its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets might already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal disruption to your daily life compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Alexandria, Tennessee have detailed spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, evaluate your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this project is right for you.
What certifications or licenses will a cabinet refinishing expert usually have?
While there aren't industry-mandated licenses designed for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are some qualifications and indicators of skill that you can look for when hiring someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will prominently display any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant field on their Thumbtack profile.
You should ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished in other homes, especially featuring results that are similar to the style you're trying to accomplish. Along with a picture gallery, most professional contractors will highlight their experience and reliability with online client reviews.
A reliable professional can give a clear written estimate of the job before it commences, outlining the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should have good communication skills and be able to answer any questions and concerns regarding cost, time, and quality during the refinishing project. You should also ask for warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another factor that can show they have faith in the quality of their workmanship.
How is cabinet refinishing carried out?
An expert taking care of your cabinet refinishing job will adhere to an established process for efficiency and proven results. There are generally several steps taken to transform the appearance of existing cabinets, for example:
- Assessment and Prepping: Cabinets are first inspected to ensure they are in proper condition for refinishing. If so, any hardware will be disassembled, including handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces need to be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Repair and Fill: Some small damage, like cracks, dings, or other imperfections in the wood will be repaired or filled before being blended in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in careful, even coats to get the style you've envisioned. The drying and curing process will be vital to giving a high-quality result, and may require several hours to complete.
- Reassembly: After your paint or stain completely cures, any parts will be reattached and cabinets completely reassembled for use. Performing a quality inspection will guarantee the finished project meets your standards, which includes a last cleanup of the entire work area.
It's important to keep in mind that every refinishing project can vary based on things like the size of cabinets and the desired finish. Additionally, contractors may perform specialized methods, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific aesthetic results, which will require a longer amount of time. Make sure to communicate directly with anyone you employ to guarantee they can bring your vision to life.
Why will cabinet refinishing be beneficial?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that plenty of people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of totally replacing them is a good practice to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to upcycle current furniture rather than replace it. Some other excellent perks of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically change the look of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and stress-free project to refresh their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're reusing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the chaos of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive high-quality outcomes when you allow a vetted contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to make sure your cabinets come out as you planned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Employ The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Alexandria, Tennessee
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and many people in Alexandria, Tennessee have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more people are choosing to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less chaotic to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and skill through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Alexandria, Tennessee with confidence.