Find a Cabinet Painter in Beechgrove, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
What variety of paint do you use for cabinets?
An often asked question is about the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used with walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint typically used for home walls will encounter many challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them that sophisticated aesthetic. Typical wall paints will not adhere sufficiently to cabinets or start to chip and flake away prematurely. The kind of paint contractors use for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also requires extended time to dry and cure than those generally used on walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor suffice for my job?
Comparing cabinet painters to find the best one for your specifications and style takes a substantial amount of work. A good place to begin is by understanding precisely what aesthetic you want to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view samples of their prior work similar to what you're looking for beforehand to get a feel for their experience and skill. Trustworthy contractors will be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You should have a set budget worked out while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate widely. Make sure that any painter you consider gives documentation of all material and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication during the process about it's timeline. The last thing you want is for unexpected surprises to pop up after the project has started that can raise costs above what you planned for.
Give attention to the professional's dependability by evaluating any online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from previous clients available online, and these can be an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and within budget.
Could I get away with painting my cabinets before sanding?
It's may be tempting to immediately start painting and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming project when attempting it alone, but a professional can quickly and effectively bring your vision to life beginning with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that any dirt and grease are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning step is also the right time to disassemble the cabinets and its gear, including drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great advancements, and there are products that contractors use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also reach any edges that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in most cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as enabling better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only peel off and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
Is it costly to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are many things that play into the cost of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Beechgrove, TN, you will pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's suggested to first obtain quotes from several contractors listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters could bill you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: Your contractor will need to recoup the cost of materials unless you're providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with a gallon typically being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the job performed.
You'll want to talk about your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Choose a Cabinet Painting Contractor in Beechgrove, TN to Bring Your Ideas to Reality
An exceptional way to enhance the appeal of your home and update the look of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a cost-effective choice over expensive replacements that also requires less messy and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of wear and tear and provide a new look that will suit your evolving tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor in Beechgrove, TN fluctuates, but many customers have reported spending as much as three times less on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the variation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, aspects like the variety of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. You should first come up with a budget and then inquire several different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the planet when you choose to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing process of wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your present cabinets might be in fair enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
When hunting for the right cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and specifications, you should evaluate their client reviews, portfolio of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A reliable contractor will be willing to show you a history of past projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you understand precisely what to expect when the project is finished. Discover all important information needed to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter near Beechgrove, TN easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.