Find a pro in Burlison, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Burlison, Tennessee
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Burlison, Tennessee. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.