Find a Pro in Charlotte, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What all can a house painter do?
Here are examples of what an expert painter will help with:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to find the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your vetted professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter knows this and can take care of the prep stage before painting commences.
- Identify Damages: As your residential painting service prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they see anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces need to be remediated before painting can commence, of course. Your service may then direct you towards reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: Most painters are proficient at conducting such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By enlisting an expert painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they will commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much will painters typically charge per hour?
The average painting contractor's price on services ranges between $22-$43 an hour, and that doesn't include taxes or overhead.
Take into account that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay an expert painter per hour. That's only for the work being done. Insurance, taxes, tools, or the paint itself is not added in that cost.
Is paying for interior painting a wise decision?
The short answer is yes, and there are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Appeal of Your Residence: A professional paint job will display to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. It will also help sell a house that's on the market sooner, even over listing price. Even if you are not contemplating listing your house in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your home that really pays for itself.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical way to update your residence, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your house in the past few years or have poor colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, growing numbers of residents are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what option you select, a new paint color will help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Getting your interior painted safeguards your home now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are constructed of components that naturally absorb moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture will result in degraded walls which can be risky to your property's structural integrity. Moisture within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health dangers. Paint works to seal out moisture from getting into the porous walls of your home.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints now are manufactured with low or zero VOCs. If you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the ideal choice for your home. A new application of paint also keeps dirt and other toxins to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Great: All houses contain flaws and blemishes. Walls often feature scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your house over the years. Getting your home's interior painted eliminates all cosmetic issues and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A lustrous coat of paint put on by an expert painter will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
When is the least active time of year for painters?
One of the biggest advantages to booking within the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The colder conditions often keep people from doing home improvement projects, so professional painters have more open spots in their schedules.
As a result, it's possible they'll charge a lower price than what they normally do in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
Discover an Experienced House Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces Near Near Charlotte, TN
When you're searching for a reliable residential painter near Charlotte, TN, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent way to bring new life into your property while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that gives a big ROI in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted home can elevate your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A talented and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or make great recommendations about different paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your house also features plenty of useful benefits for its longevity. Paint works as a sealant to protect surfaces from a variety of issues caused by bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing capability of a good paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will beautify your residence inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one tool that organizes all the necessary information to let you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of reputable painters in Charlotte, TN and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also permits you to directly contact expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for a pro who will deliver the quality and value you need.