Find a pro in Clinton, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // Clinton
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Clinton, TN
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Clinton, TN. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Clinton, TN. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.