Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Cunningham, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of advantages can I expect by choosing to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a very beneficial home improvement project that many people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of completely replacing them is a smart way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. Some other excellent advantages of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically switch up the style of your kitchen through relatively little work or money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and easy technique to change their style versus installing new ones. Since you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the long process of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive high-quality outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to guarantee your cabinets look as you planned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
What are the differences of cabinet refacing and cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between them and handymen will need to understand which service you want. Refacing is a process of substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the current doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has a unique approach and offers a distinctive outcome in the appearance of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times could cabinets be refinished?
One of the great advantages with wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make the product look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times one can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, including the durability of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the process must be repeated is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing service will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as an alternative to purchasing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it could be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective way to boost its appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already fit in well with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires less chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents in Cunningham, TN have communicated paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is right for you.
Discover a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Cunningham, TN
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to transform the style of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and several people in Cunningham, TN have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many people are beginning to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less disruptive to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and expertise through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Cunningham, TN confidently.