Find a pro in Decatur, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Decatur, TN
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Decatur, TN. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to find the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.