Find a pro in Dover, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Dover, TN. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Dover, TN
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Dover, TN. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to find the best professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.