Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Fairview, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of perks can I expect by deciding to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement task that plenty of people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a good practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other amazing benefits of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically switch up the look of your kitchen with relatively little work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and hassle-free way to change their look versus installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the long process of having custom-made cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get high-quality outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is critical to make sure your cabinets look as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
I've heard of cabinet refacing - is this the same as cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used together, but there are big differences between the two and handymen will need to understand what service you need. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the existing doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features its own unique approach and offers a certain result in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently can cabinets be refinished
One of the best advantages with wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make furniture appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the durability of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the process must be done again depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing job should last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new models and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it could be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to enhance your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets may already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your daily life compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners in Fairview, Tennessee have reported spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, evaluate your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
Discover The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Fairview, Tennessee
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the look of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and several people in Fairview, Tennessee have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more people are starting to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less chaotic to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for those on a tight schedule.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Fairview, Tennessee with confidence.