Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Franklin, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
When can cabinet refinishing be the most suitable choice for my house?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than installing new ones and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it could be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit waste by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive way to enhance its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets could already fit in great with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves less disruption to your home compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents in Franklin, Tennessee have detailed paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this option is best for you.
Which certifications or licenses will a cabinet refinishing expert typically possess?
Though there may not be industry-standard certifications designed for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are important qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can refer to when hiring someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will mention any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You should ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished in the past, especially for finished projects that are similar to the style you're trying to accomplish. Other than a portfolio, most professional contractors can showcase their experience and reliability through online client feedback.
A reputable expert will supply a detailed written estimate of the job before it begins, listing the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should possess adequate communication skills and a readiness to address all of your questions and concerns regarding cost, schedule, and craftsmanship throughout the refinishing project. You should also ask about any warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another indication that can show they have confidence in the quality of their workmanship.
What steps are followed for expertly refinishing cabinets?
A contractor handling your cabinet refinishing project will follow an established process for efficiency and proven results. There are usually numerous steps taken to transform the style of existing cabinets, such as:
- Evaluation and Prepping: Cabinets are first assessed to ensure they are in proper condition to be refinished. If they are, any gear will be disassembled, including handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces will be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Repair and Fill: Some insignificant damage, such as scratches, dings, or other imperfections in the wood can be repaired or filled to better blend in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in smooth, even coats to accomplish the look you're looking for. The drying and curing stage is crucial to imparting a professional result, and could require a few hours to complete.
- Reassembly: After the paint or stain completely cures, any gear can be put back on and cabinets completely reassembled for use. A quality inspection will ensure the finished results satisfies your expectations, which includes a final cleanup of the entire work area.
It's important to note that the specific refinishing project can vary based on things such as the size of cabinets and the chosen finish. Additionally, contractors may perform specialized techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific stylistic results, which will require a longer process with more steps. Make sure to speak clearly with anyone you employ to ensure they have the skill to bring your vision to life.
What are the benefits associated with cabinet refinishing rather than installing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a very beneficial home improvement task that many people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a smart way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other amazing benefits of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the style of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and simple technique to refresh their style compared to installing new ones. Since you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the long process of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll get high-quality outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to guarantee your cabinets come out as you wished, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Discover The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Franklin, Tennessee
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the style of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several people in Franklin, Tennessee have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more people are choosing to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less chaotic to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for those on a tight schedule.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and expertise through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Franklin, Tennessee with confidence.