Find a pro in Gallatin, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Gallatin, Tennessee
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Gallatin, Tennessee, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our streamlined platform, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Gallatin, Tennessee. Get the roofing services you need for your property right away.