Find a pro in Germantown, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Germantown, Tennessee. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Germantown, Tennessee
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Germantown, Tennessee. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.