Find a Pro in Hampton, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you select?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home, selecting an elegant color that complements your overall design will be the best choice. It's somewhat inexpensive to improve how your home looks with assistance from a trained and equipped painting contractor. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when choosing a color arrangement for your exterior painting job:
- Color scheme: The colors you select should flow with the general look you're going for and the ambiance you want to form. Make the place your own, especially for people who work from home or spend considerable time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Blues and greens are tasteful hues that have the ability to give you a serene feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For a touch of color that sticks out from the rest, oranges and yellows are bright enough to achieve the desired results.
- Comfort: Muted, versatile colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more comfortable and comfortable.
What benefits come with the decision to recruit a professional contractor for exterior painting?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will normally offer you a superior result than you could bring about by yourself. DIY projects don't always go as you hope unless you're equipped with the materials and knowledge to execute the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of attempting to fix errors, homeowners can turn to an exterior painting professional to perform the job as efficiently as possible. The training they've acquired from their experience in the field will be reflected in the degree of quality demonstrated in their craftsmanship. From power washing the outside, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you should a contractor to carry it out. With their first-rate practices and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or offering subpar results.
How do you get a home ready for exterior painting?
Exterior painting provides outstanding results when it is done with close attention to detail and sticking to the highest standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the skills, materials, and techniques to do the job with excellent craftsmanship. Superb craftsmanship starts with taking first steps that allow the paint to stay and look amazing for a long time. These are some of the steps you should take to prepare for an exterior painting job:
- Power wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime offers you a clear area to start working on, so using power washing equipment is an effective way to wash it off.
- Scrape off loose paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked parts that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Surface repair compounds can take care of flaws on exterior of your home so that you can work with a clean surface.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it with a smooth result.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to allow the paint to adhere.
What's the price of painting a home's exterior?
The price of exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story home can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's an excellent home improvement for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements all year round. Other criteria that can contribute to the overall cost is how experienced your contractor is because it can result in higher quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a local painting contractor who can evaluate the project and offer you an accurate estimate for the expenses you can expect to pay.
Search for Exterior Home Painting Contractors in Hampton, Tennessee
Start your search for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and seek the assistance of companies in Hampton, Tennessee. If your home needs a fresh coat of paint, you can hire a professional with the skills and knowledge to deliver high-quality services. You can upgrade your property's aesthetic with fresh paint that provides a durable barrier preventing damage from moisture at the same time. By hiring a professional to take care of the job, you're ensuring it will be of the highest quality standards.
On our all-inclusive home management app, you can efficiently browse for professionals, take a look at ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can take a look at results from previous exterior painting projects to gain a better idea of their degree of expertise. Browsing through professional profiles and easing your search is more efficient when you download our no-charge app. It's streamlined and hassle-free to use for anyone to select the most qualified candidates for the job near them. Additionally, you can direct message professionals, request an estimate, and set up an appointment all in one place.
Discuss the project details with an exterior painter who can provide you with beneficial recommendations and help you come up with an attractive color arrangement. Having a newly painted home can boost your property value and essentially make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what the right color, sheen, and application can do to breathe some new life into a space. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with assistance from a number of local professionals ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out exceptional workmanship. Get an exceptional finished product by downloading our home management platform and reach out to an experienced painter to take care of every step in the process with careful attention to detail.