Find a pro in Hendersonville, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Hendersonville, TN
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Hendersonville, TN, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to hire the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.