Find a pro in Hickory Valley, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Hickory Valley, TN
When you need roofing maintenance services in Hickory Valley, TN, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies you'll discover on our site have the experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Hickory Valley, TN. Find the right contractor for your home now.