Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Joelton, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish old cabinets rather than purchase new models?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a great practice to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose current furniture rather than throw it out. A few other great advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically change the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively little work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and easy method to refresh their style versus installing new ones. Because you're reusing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the chaos of having custom-made cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect professional outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to ensure your cabinets come out as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Is there a distinction between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between the two and professional contractors will need to know what service you want. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the existing doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features a unique approach and offers a distinctive result in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often do cabinets need to be refinished
One of the great advantages with wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times you can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, including the quality of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the service needs to be done again is dependent on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing service can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than installing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a wide variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable way to enhance its appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets could already work well with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal chaos to your lifestyle compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents of Joelton, Tennessee have communicated spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, assess your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this option is right for you.
Discover a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Joelton, Tennessee
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to transform the aesthetic of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and many people in Joelton, Tennessee have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why many people are choosing to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood products.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and reliability through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Joelton, Tennessee confidently.