Find a pro in Kenton, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Kenton, Tennessee
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Kenton, Tennessee. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to find the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our platform.