Find a Pro in Lewisburg, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is interior painting a good idea?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and these are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Value of Your House: A great paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your property. It will also help sell a house that's on the market faster, even above its asking price. Even if you are not planning on selling your house in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by a professional painter can last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your property that truly pays off.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively inexpensive way to update your residence, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. If you haven't painted your interior recently and have boring colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel at rest. Also, growing numbers of residents are choosing to work from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which option you choose, a fresh paint color will help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted strengthens your property now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are made of materials which naturally absorb moisture. Eventually, too much absorption will lead to compromised walls which can be dangerous to your house's structural integrity. Water within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health concerns. Paint is designed to keep water from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints these days are manufactured with low or zero VOCs. If you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the best option for your interior. A fresh application of paint also limits dust and other pollutants to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Great: All houses contain flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently contain scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your house over the years. Getting your home's interior painted covers all cosmetic issues and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh coat of paint put on by a professional contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
What's the season of least demand for painters?
One of the biggest selling points about hiring within the colder season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do projects, so professional painters have more open spots in their schedules.
As a result, they might be able to charge a lower rates than what they normally do in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are booked around the clock for months on end.
How frequently should I think about repainting my house's exterior?
Chipped and cracked paint are some obvious things to keep an eye on, but there are also some less evident things that can create problems too. Exterior painting is a pretty extensive project, so it's always a good idea to book painting specialists.
What can make this difficult is there is no set deadline for a new coat, because every house is different. Most experts express that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years, depending on factors like where you live, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's a good idea to try to find out, because having in-depth information about the paint job will be critical. The kind of paint used, the quality of paint, how many coats were applied, and even the color selected can all affect its longevity. It's also helpful to know the time of year in which it was painted, because whether the home was painted on a sunny or overcast day can impact how well the paint dries.
What all does a house painter do?
Some of the tasks a professional painter usually conducts include:
- Pick Colors: If you're struggling to pick the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your vetted professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a harder time sticking to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter knows this and will take care of this prep stage before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painter preps for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they notice anything such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas need to be remediated before painting can start, of course. Your service may then suggest other dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Conduct Repairs: The best painters are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By hiring an expert painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
Expert House Painting Contractors Near in Lewisburg, Tennessee
When you need a good residential painter near Lewisburg, Tennessee, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent option to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly increasing its value. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that provides a big ROI in more ways than one.
How a newly painted home can enhance your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or make great suggestions about various paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors will even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your house also supplies many useful benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a range of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst culprits of home decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will beautify your property inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a simple tool that collects all the relevant information to let you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of vetted painters in Lewisburg, Tennessee and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also enables you to directly contact expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who will deliver the quality services you deserve.