Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Milton, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of benefits can I expect when choosing to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of completely replacing them is a good practice to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose current furniture rather than throw it out. Some other great benefits of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively little work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and simple way to update their look versus installing new ones. Because you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the long process of having new cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect excellent results when you allow a qualified contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is critical to guarantee your cabinets come out as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Where does cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets vary?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used together, but there are distinct differences between the two and professional contractors will need to know what service you need. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the present doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has a unique approach and offers a certain effect in the style of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How long will refinished cabinets last
One of the best things with wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make furniture appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, including the durability of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the service must be followed up is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing job could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Are refinished cabinets worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than installing new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective way to boost your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets might already work perfectly with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less disruption to your home compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Milton, Tennessee have reported paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, assess your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this project is best for you.
Employ a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Milton, Tennessee
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to transform the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several people in Milton, Tennessee have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your home simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many people are choosing to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less chaotic to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their experience and expertise through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Milton, Tennessee confidently.