Find a pro in Mooresburg, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Mooresburg, TN
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Mooresburg, TN. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.