Find a Pro in Moscow, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you select the appropriate color for exterior paint?
When you're picking a paint color for your home's exterior, choosing a classic color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the best choice. It's fairly affordable to enhance the appearance of your home with help from a skilled and equipped painter. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when selecting a color for your exterior painting job:
- Color pattern: The colors you choose should complement the overall aesthetic you're going for and the atmosphere you want to spend time in. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends substantial time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Greens and blues are tasteful tones that have the tendency to make you feel at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that sticks out from the rest, oranges and yellows are vivid enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Muted, neutral colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a property feel more comfortable and content.
How can recruiting an exterior painting contractor enhance your project?
Recruiting an exterior painting company to apply new paint to your property will usually give you a superior outcome than you could attain on your own. DIY jobs don't always go as you hope unless you have the tools and skills to carry out the project to industry standards. Instead of attempting to fix errors, homeowners can turn to an exterior painting contractor to perform the project as skillfully as possible. The training they've gained from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the level of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From power washing the exterior, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you should hire a contractor to do it all. With their superior process and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or delivering subpar results.
How can you prepare your house for an exterior painting project?
Exterior painting delivers excellent results when it's carried out with close attention to detail and sticking to the highest standards. Professional painters are equipped with the knowledge, tools, and strategies to do the project with outstanding craftsmanship. First-rate craftsmanship begins with taking precautions that allow the paint to stay and look great for many years. Get ready for an exterior painting project by taking the following steps:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime offers you a clear area to work with, so using power washing tools is a great way to wash it off.
- Scrape off flaky paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove flaky or cracked parts that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Surface repair compounds can fix irregularities on exterior of your home so that you can work on a clean finish.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it for a streamlined varnish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to allow the paint to stay.
How much does it cost to paint a home's exterior?
The price of exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story property can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story property. It's a great project for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it safe from the elements all year round. Other criteria that can influence the overall price is how skilled your contractor is because it can result in higher quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a local painting contractor who can assess the project and provide you with a free estimate for the expenses you can anticipate to pay.
Find Exterior Painting Contractors Near Moscow, Tennessee
Start looking for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and recruit companies in Moscow, Tennessee. If your property needs some new paint, you can hire a contractor with the skills and experience to offer excellent services. You can update your home's design with fresh paint that simultaneously offers a strong barrier preventing damage. By hiring a professional to carry out the project, you're ensuring it will be of high-quality standards.
On our full-scope home management platform, you can efficiently look for contractors, check ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can take a look at pictures from previous exterior painting jobs to gain a solid idea of what they can offer. Look through professional profiles and simplifying your search is more efficient when you use our free platform. It's streamlined and simple to use for homeowners to choose the best candidates for the project near them. In addition, you can send direct messages, request an estimate, and schedule an appointment all in one place.
Discuss the project details with an exterior painter who can give you beneficial recommendations and help you brainstorm an attractive color arrangement. Painting can raise your home value and overall make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what the right color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from several local professionals ready to roll up their sleeves and deliver outstanding craftsmanship. Get exceptional results by downloading our app and reach out to a skilled professional to handle every step in the process with the utmost attention to detail.