Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Mount Carmel, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Tennessee // Mount Carmel
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are a few perks to refinished cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement task that many people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than totally replacing them is a great way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when you choose to repurpose current furniture rather than throw it out. Some other great benefits of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively little work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and simple way to refresh their look versus installing new ones. Since you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the hassle of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect professional outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is crucial to guarantee your cabinets appear as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Where do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets vary?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used interchangeably, but there are considerable differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand which service you want. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the existing doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has its own unique approach and imparts a certain outcome in the style of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often do cabinets need to be refinished
One of the best benefits about wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make furniture look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, such as the strength of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the project must be done again depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing service could last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as an alternative to buying new models?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new models and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If protecting the environment is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit waste by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a huge range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable way to enhance your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets might already work great with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires less chaos to your home compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents in Mount Carmel, Tennessee have communicated paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, assess your personal preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this option is best for you.
One Platform With All The Information You Need To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Mount Carmel, Tennessee With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and many people in Mount Carmel, Tennessee have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many people are beginning to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less disruptive to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and reliability through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Mount Carmel, Tennessee with confidence.