Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Mount Juliet, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the advantages associated with cabinet refinishing compared to buying new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement project that many homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of completely replacing them is a smart practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other amazing benefits of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively little work and money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and easy method to update their look versus installing new ones. Since you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the chaos of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect professional outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to make sure your cabinets look as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What are the distinctions of cabinet refacing and the refinishing of cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used together, but there are considerable differences between the two and handymen will need to understand what service you need. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the present doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features its own unique approach and delivers a distinctive effect in the style of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times can cabinets undergo refinishing
One of the best advantages about wood is that it can be refinished several times to make the product look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, including the quality of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will hold up before the project must be done again is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing job can last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as an alternative to installing them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it might be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective way to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets may already work well with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your daily life in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents in Mount Juliet, Tennessee have reported spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this project is right for you.
Find The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Mount Juliet, Tennessee
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and many homeowners in Mount Juliet, Tennessee have reported spending as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more homeowners are beginning to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less chaotic to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their knowledge and expertise through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Mount Juliet, Tennessee with confidence.