Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the advantages associated with cabinet refinishing compared to purchasing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a smart way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other excellent benefits of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and hassle-free project to change their look versus installing new ones. Since you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the chaos of having custom-made cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality outcomes when you allow a qualified contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to make sure your cabinets look as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
I've heard of refacing cabinets - is this similar to refinishing them?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used together, but there are big differences between them and handymen will need to understand which service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the present doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features a unique approach and delivers a distinctive result in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often could cabinets undergo refinishing?
One of the best things with wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make the product look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times you can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, including the strength of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will hold up before the project needs to be followed up is dependent on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing job can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as an alternative to installing new models?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce waste by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable way to boost its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already work well with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires less chaos to your lifestyle compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Murfreesboro, Tennessee have communicated paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this option is best for you.
One Place for All The Information Needed To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher in Murfreesboro, Tennessee Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and many people in Murfreesboro, Tennessee have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why many people are starting to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less disruptive to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Murfreesboro, Tennessee confidently.