Find a pro in Nolensville, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Nolensville, TN
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Nolensville, TN. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.