Find a Pro in Oakdale, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What will it typically cost for labor to paint the interior of a home?
The price to paint the interior of your residence is dependant on the overall size of the area. One 300-square-foot area will be much more economical than an entire house, especially a larger one.
You should expect to spend around $3 to $7 per square foot when contracting a nearby professional to paint the interior of your residence. You'll spend less if you paint the house on your own or reside in an area with low labor costs. However, certain factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend upwards of $8 per square foot or higher if you have tall ceilings, need structural repair, or want accents.
How frequently should I consider repainting my residence's exterior?
Chipped and cracked paint are some evident things to keep an eye on, but there are also some less evident things that can create problems too. Painting an exterior can be a big job, so it's never a bad idea to book painting specialists.
Since every home differs from one another, there is no set timeline to repaint, and this makes things more difficult for homeowners. Most professionals say that you'll need to paint every five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables such as where you live, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
After buying a new home, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's highly advisable to try to find out, because possessing detailed information about the paint job will be critical. The kind of paint used, its quality, how many layers were applied, and even the color used can all impact its lifespan. It's also beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, because whether the house was painted on a bright or cloudy day can affect how well the paint dried.
What are some services I should expect my professional painting contractor to give?
Here are examples of what a professional painter will assist with:
- Advise the Best Colors: In case you're struggling to find the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this can save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your hired painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and can handle this prep work before painting begins.
- Identify Damages: As your residential painting service preps for the project, they will assess surfaces for issues. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they discover things like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These damages must be remediated before the project can commence, of course. Your professional might then suggest other dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: The best painting contractors are proficient at making such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By hiring an expert painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they will commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the average rate per hour for most painters?
The average painting contractor's cost of services ranges between $22-$43 an hour, without tax or product included.
Bear in mind that this pricing is for the painting services themselves to pay a professional painter hourly. That's only for the service. Insurance, tax, equipment, or the paint itself is not added in that price.
Reliable Residential Painting Contractors Serving in Oakdale, Tennessee
When you're looking for a dependable residential painter in Oakdale, Tennessee, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your home is a great way to bring new life into your property while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that delivers a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a newly painted home can elevate your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or offer excellent recommendations about various paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors will even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and interior of your residence also features many practical benefits for its structural integrity. Paint acts as a sealant to secure surfaces from a variety of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use site that collects all the important information to help you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of vetted painters in Oakdale, Tennessee and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also enables you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for a pro who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.