Find a Cabinet Painter in Ocoee, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Am I restricted to the type of paint I can put on my cabinets?
An often asked question is about the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used on walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the type of paint preferred for interior walls will face some difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them their elegant look. Typical wall paints might not stick adequately to cabinets and can begin to chip and flake off prematurely. The kind of paint professionals utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also necessitates longer drying and curing times than those typically used on walls.
Is it simple to find an experienced cabinet painting contractor?
Comparing cabinet painters to find the perfect one for your specifications and vision requires a substantial amount of work. The best place to focus on is by understanding precisely what look you want to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see a sample of their previous work similar to your vision beforehand to get a feel for their experience and skill. Professional contractors will be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You need to have a defined budget worked out while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate largely. Check that any painter you consider provides written statements of all equipment and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication during the project about it's timeline. The last thing you want is for unexpected surprises to occur once the project commences that can raise costs higher than you planned for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reputation by evaluating their online client reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from previous customers for view online, and these are also an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and within budget.
Is the long prep step necessary before painting my cabinets?
It's may be tempting to immediately begin painting and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming project when doing it on your own, but an expert can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality beginning with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that any dirt or grease are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning step is also the right time to disassemble the cabinets and their gear, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable leaps, and there are products that professionals use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also penetrate to any places that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in most cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only flake off and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
What is the average cost for a professional cabinet painting contractor?
There are many things that affect the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. Around Ocoee, TN, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's advised to first seek out quotes from various professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, painters might bill you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: Your contractor must recoup the cost of materials if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with one gallon usually being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the job performed.
You'll want to talk about your home's unique cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Discover a Cabinet Painting Contractor in Ocoee, TN to Bring Your Ideas to Reality
A quick way to increase the appeal of your property and update the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of heavy use and deliver an updated look that will suit your current tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor near Ocoee, TN fluctuates, but some homeowners still report spending as much as three times less on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, aspects like the kind of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then inquire several different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the environment when you choose to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing methods of wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for logging. Your present cabinets could be in fair enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll love.
While looking for the right cabinet painting professional matching your budget and specifications, you should look at their client reviews, gallery of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A reliable contractor will be happy to show you their history of delivering projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you know precisely what to expect when the project is complete. Discover all the information you need to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter near Ocoee, TN easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.