Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Oneida, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Tennessee // Oneida
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of benefits can I look forward to when choosing to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement task that many people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than completely replacing them is a good way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when people choose to repurpose current furniture rather than replace it. A few other amazing benefits of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically change the style of your kitchen with relatively little work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and easy technique to change their style compared to installing new ones. Since you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the trouble of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive professional outcomes when you hire a vetted contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to ensure your cabinets appear as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
In what aspects do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used together, but there are considerable differences between the two and handymen will need to understand which service you want. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the existing doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has its own unique approach and gives a certain outcome in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How long can cabinets that have been refinished last
One of the great advantages with wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make furniture appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, including the strength of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will hold up before the project must be done again is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing job can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit waste by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a huge variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to enhance its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets might already work well with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires less chaos to your home compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents of Oneida, Tennessee have communicated spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, weigh your personal preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this option is right for you.
Find The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Oneida, Tennessee
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to transform the style of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and several people in Oneida, Tennessee have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more people are beginning to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less disruptive to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Oneida, Tennessee with confidence.