Find a pro in Parrottsville, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Parrottsville, Tennessee. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this can really delay the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Parrottsville, Tennessee
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Parrottsville, Tennessee. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Parrottsville, Tennessee. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property right away.