Find a pro in Philadelphia, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Philadelphia, Tennessee. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Philadelphia, Tennessee
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Philadelphia, Tennessee, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to find the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.