Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Portland, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Are refinished cabinets worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new models and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable project to enhance your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets may already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
People in Portland, Tennessee have related paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, assess your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this option is right for you.
What certifications or qualifications are good to look for in a cabinet refinishing professional?
While there aren't industry-mandated certifications designed for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are some qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can look for when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will prominently display their background in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant field on their Thumbtack profile.
You should ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished in the past, especially featuring finished projects that are similar to the style you're trying to accomplish. Other than a portfolio, most professional contractors will highlight their experience and dependability with online customer reviews.
A dependable professional can supply a detailed written estimate of the job before it starts, outlining the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should possess exceptional communication skills and a readiness to answer any questions and concerns regarding budget, time, and craftsmanship throughout the refinishing project. You should also ask for warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another factor that can show they have faith in the quality of their craftsmanship.
How will contractors carry out cabinet refinishing?
An expert taking care of your cabinet refinishing task will adhere to an established process for speed and proven results. There are typically numerous steps taken to transform the look of existing cabinets, such as:
- Evaluation and Preparation: Cabinets should be first evaluated to make sure they are in proper condition to be refinished. If so, all gear will be disassembled, such as handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces will be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some insignificant issues, like cracks, dings, and similar imperfections in the wood will be repaired or filled to better blend in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in careful, even coats to achieve the style you've envisioned. The drying and curing step is vital to ensuring a high-quality result, and could require a few hours to accomplish.
- Reassembly: After the paint or stain completely cures, all parts will be put back on and cabinets completely reassembled for use. A quality inspection will guarantee the final results satisfies your standards, which includes a last cleanup of the entire work area.
It's important to keep in mind that the specific refinishing process may vary depending on aspects like the kind of cabinets and the chosen finish. Furthermore, professionals may employ detailed techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific aesthetic results, which will require a longer amount of time. Be sure to speak directly with anyone you hire to ensure they can bring your vision to life.
Why should I refinish old cabinets rather than install new models?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement project that many people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of completely replacing them is a smart way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. Some other great benefits of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically change the look of your kitchen with relatively little work or money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and simple technique to change their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the chaos of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect professional outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to guarantee your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Find The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Portland, Tennessee
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to beautify the look of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and many people in Portland, Tennessee have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more people are starting to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is much less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their knowledge and expertise through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Portland, Tennessee confidently.