Find a Pro in Portland, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What do painters generally charge per hour?
Typically, a painting contractor's cost of labor ranges from $22-$43 an hour, and that excludes taxes or overhead.
Be mindful that this pricing is for the labor of painting services to pay a professional painter hourly. For that reason, that price does not reflect the addition of insurance, tax, equipment, or any gallons of paint.
Does interior painting give a worthwhile ROI?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and these are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Value of Your Home: A great paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. It can also help sell a home that's on the market sooner, even over asking price. Even if you are not considering listing your home in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painter can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your residence that really pays off.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively affordable way to update your home, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. Assuming you have not painted your interior in the past few years and have older colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, many people are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which option you select, the right paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted safeguards your residence now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are made of components which easily absorb moisture. Eventually, too much accumulation of moisture can lead to compromised walls which can be risky to your property's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health issues. Paint enables you to seal out water from getting into the porous walls of your property.
- Strengthen Air Quality Throughout Your Home: Paints currently are produced with low or no VOCs. If you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the ideal choice for your home. A new application of paint also keeps dust and other allergens to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Fantastic: All residences have flaws and blemishes. Walls often show dents, dings, and markings from the use of your home over the years. Having your home's interior painted covers those cosmetic issues and can make your room look refreshed and clean. A lustrous coat of paint put on by a professional painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
When do painters see the slowest business season?
One of the biggest advantages about booking during the winter months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing projects, so painting contractors have the availability.
Therefore, they might be able to decrease their price than what they normally charge in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
What is the usual labor price to paint the inside of a home?
The price to paint the inside of your home depends on the overall size of the area. A single 300-square-foot room will be much more affordable than the entire house, especially a spacious residence.
You should expect to pay between $3 to $7 per square foot when contracting a local painter to paint the inside of your home. You'll pay less if you paint the house on your own or reside in a region with low labor rates. However, some factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or higher if you have tall ceilings, need structural repair, or want accent walls.
Expert Home Painting Contractors Near Near Portland, TN
When you're searching for a dependable house painter in Portland, TN, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a smart option to bring new life into your residence while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that delivers a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted home works to improve your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or offer excellent recommendations about different paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors can even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your home also brings several practical benefits for its structural integrity. Paint works as a sealant to protect the wood from a variety of problems caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing function of a good paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will beautify your house inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use site that organizes all the relevant information to let you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of vetted painters in Portland, TN and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also permits you to directly contact professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your search for the pro who can deliver the quality services you need.