Find a pro in Powell, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Powell, TN. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Powell, TN
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Powell, TN. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.