Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Puryear, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Tennessee // Puryear
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the perks to cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly advantageous home improvement task that many people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a good way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than throw it out. A few other great advantages of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively little work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and simple project to change their style compared to installing new ones. Because you're reusing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the trouble of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll get excellent results when you allow a competent contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is crucial to ensure your cabinets look as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
In what aspects do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used together, but there are distinct differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand what service you want. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the current doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features a unique approach and offers a certain result in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often should cabinets be refinished?
One of the great benefits with wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, including the durability of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the process needs to be followed up is dependent on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing project will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as opposed to purchasing new models?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce waste by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a wide range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets might already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal chaos to your lifestyle compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Puryear, Tennessee have communicated spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, evaluate your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this project is best for you.
Find The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Puryear, Tennessee
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to transform the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and many people in Puryear, Tennessee have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more people are starting to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is much less chaotic to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Puryear, Tennessee with confidence.