Find a Cabinet Painter in Ramer, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Tennessee // Ramer
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Should I use the same paint on my walls to refresh the look of my cabinets?
A commonly asked question pertains to the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used with walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for home walls will face many challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them that modern aesthetic. Typical wall paints will not adhere sufficiently to cabinets and can begin chipping or flaking away prematurely. The kind of paint professionals use for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also requires extended drying and curing times than those typically used on walls.
What qualities do I expect from a professional cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painters to uncover the perfect one for your specifications and vision requires a substantial amount of effort. The first place to begin is by understanding precisely what look you're trying to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view a sample of their prior work matching what you're looking for beforehand to get a sense of their experience and skill. Trustworthy contractors will be more than happy to grant this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You should have a defined budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate widely. Make sure that any painter you hire gives documentation of all material and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication during the project about it's expected completion. What you don't need is for unexpected surprises to pop up after the project commences that can raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's reliability by assessing any online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from past customers for view online, and these are also an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and within budget.
Could I get away with painting my cabinets without sanding?
It's always tempting to immediately begin painting and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming task when attempting it alone, but a professional can quickly and effectively bring your vision to life starting with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that all dirt or grime are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also an appropriate time to take apart the cabinets and its components, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great strides, and there are products that professionals use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also penetrate to those nooks and crannies that are exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in many cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only flake away and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
What is the average cost for a professional cabinet painter?
There are many things that play into the cost of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Ramer, TN, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first seek out quotes from several professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, painters may bill you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: Your painter must recoup the cost of materials unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with a gallon typically being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the project performed.
You'll need to talk about your kitchen's unique cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Beautify Your Kitchen for Less With a Reliable Cabinet Painter in Ramer, TN
A quick way to boost the appeal of your home and refresh the look of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a cost-effective alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of heavy use and give them a new look that will suit your evolving tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter around Ramer, TN fluctuates, but many homeowners still report spending less than a third on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the fluctuation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, factors like the variety of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painters to discover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also advantages for the planet when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing process with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for logging. Your present cabinets could be in good enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
When searching for the best cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and specifications, you should look at their customer reviews, portfolio of past work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A dependable painter will be willing to share their history of delivering projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you know precisely what to expect when the job is finished. Discover all important information necessary to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Ramer, TN confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.