Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Rickman, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Tennessee // Rickman
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish used cabinets instead of purchase new models?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement task that plenty of people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a smart practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other great benefits of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively little work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and hassle-free technique to change their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the trouble of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality outcomes when you allow a competent contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to guarantee your cabinets look as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
In what ways will cabinet refacing and refinishing them differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between the two and professional contractors will need to know which service you need. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the existing doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features its own unique approach and delivers a certain outcome in the style of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many years will cabinets that have been refinished retain their new look
One of the great advantages about wood is that it can be refinished many times to make the product look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the strength of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the service must be done again depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing project could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Are refinished cabinets worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit waste by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to enhance its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets might already work great with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your home in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners in Rickman, TN have detailed spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is right for you.
One Site for All The Information You Need To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher in Rickman, TN With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and many people in Rickman, TN have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more people are starting to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less chaotic to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Rickman, TN with confidence.