Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Rutledge, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are a few positives of refinished cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly advantageous home improvement task that many people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a smart practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other great advantages of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically change the style of your kitchen through relatively little work or money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and easy technique to change their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the long process of having new cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive high-quality outcomes when you allow a competent contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is critical to guarantee your cabinets look as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
What are the differences of cabinet refacing and cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used together, but there are distinct differences between the two and professional contractors will need to know which service you want. Refacing is a process of substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the current doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has a unique approach and imparts a certain outcome in the style of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
Is there a recommended amount of times I should refinish cabinets
One of the best benefits with wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times one can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, such as the strength of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will hold up before the service needs to be done again depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing job should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Why is cabinet refinishing a smart investment for my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than installing new ones and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit waste by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive way to boost your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets could already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in less disruption to your home in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
People in Rutledge, TN have communicated spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this project is best for you.
Employ The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Rutledge, TN
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to beautify the style of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and several people in Rutledge, TN have reported spending as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many people are choosing to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less disruptive to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and skill through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the simple-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Rutledge, TN confidently.