Find a pro in Savannah, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // Savannah
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Savannah, TN
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Savannah, TN. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.