Find a Pro in Selmer, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is paying for interior painting a smart idea?
The short answer will be yes, and these are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Value of Your Residence: A good paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. Interior painting can also help sell a house that's on the market sooner, even above its asking price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your house in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by a professional painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement project with one of the highest ROIs when considering the impact on home value and buyer interest.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical project to update your home, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. Assuming you haven't painted your house recently and have older colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel at peace. Additionally, growing numbers of residents are choosing to work from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the color scheme you pick, a fresh paint color can help you feel differently — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted protects your house now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are made of materials which naturally absorb moisture. Eventually, enough absorption can lead to degraded walls which can be risky to your property's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health concerns. Paint is designed to seal out moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Enhance Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints now are produced with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the ideal option for your interior. A new application of paint also keeps dirt and other pollutants to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Fantastic: Most residences contain flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently show dents, dings, and markings from the use of your house over time. Having your home's interior painted hides most imperfections and can make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by a professional painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
When will painters experience the slowest business demand?
A major selling point to hiring within the colder months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing home improvement projects, so painters are more readily available.
Therefore, it's possible they'll charge a lower price than what they typically do in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
At what frequency should I plan to paint the outside of my house?
There are a few obvious signs to look out for, like chipped or cracked paint; however, there are also some less evident things that can create issues too. Painting an exterior is a pretty extensive project, so it's never a bad idea to hire painting specialists.
Unfortunately, there is no set deadline to repaint, since every home is different. Most experts express that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years, depending on factors such as where you live, weather, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's highly advisable to try to find out, since possessing detailed information about the paint job can be critical. The type of paint utilized, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color selected can all affect its longevity. It could be beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, since whether the home was painted on a bright or overcast day can impact how well the paint dries.
What are examples of services I should expect my professional painting contractor to give?
Examples of the services a professional painter generally performs include:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to identify the ideal colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. This will save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your vetted professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a harder time adhering to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter knows this and will handle this prep work before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painting service preps for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they discover things like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These issues must be fixed before painting can begin, of course. Your painter might then recommend reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they will handle it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: The best painting contractors are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By enlisting a vetted painter, you likely won't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and made necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Hire an Experienced Residential Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces in in Selmer, TN
When you want a dependable residential painter in Selmer, TN, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent choice to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that gives a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted home can elevate your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or offer great suggestions about various paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors can even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your house also supplies several practical advantages for its structural integrity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a variety of problems caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading causes of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use site that compiles all the necessary information to help you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of reputable painters in Selmer, TN and the surrounding areas focusing on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also enables you to directly contact expert residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who can deliver the quality services you need.