Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Sequatchie, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish my cabinets rather than buy new models?
Cabinet refinishing is a very beneficial home improvement task that plenty of homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a good practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than throw it out. A few other excellent perks of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically change the style of your kitchen with relatively little work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and easy way to update their style versus installing new ones. Since you're reusing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the hassle of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect professional outcomes when you allow a competent contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to guarantee your cabinets look as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What is the distinction between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between the two and handymen will need to understand which service you need. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the present doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features its own unique approach and offers a certain effect in the style of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times could cabinets be refinished?
One of the best benefits with wood is that it can be refinished several times to make the product appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, such as the durability of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will hold up before the service needs to be repeated is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing job could last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Are refinished cabinets worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than buying new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it could be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to enhance your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets may already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Sequatchie, Tennessee have reported paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, weigh your personal preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this project is right for you.
Find The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Sequatchie, Tennessee
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to transform the style of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and several homeowners in Sequatchie, Tennessee have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many homeowners are starting to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less chaotic to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Sequatchie, Tennessee with confidence.