Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Sewanee, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Tennessee // Sewanee
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How frequently should cabinets be refinished
One of the great things about wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make furniture look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, such as the strength of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long any refinished cabinets will hold up before the service needs to be followed up depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing service can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Is cabinet refinishing a good investment in my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit waste by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets might already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves less disruption to your daily life compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
People in Sewanee, TN have communicated paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is right for you.
Which certifications or licenses will a cabinet refinishing professional likely possess?
Though there aren't industry-standard licenses designed for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are certain qualifications and indicators of skill that you can look for when hiring someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will highlight any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a related field on their Thumbtack profile.
You will want to ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished in other homes, especially featuring results that are similar to the style you're trying to accomplish. Other than a picture gallery, most professional contractors will highlight their experience and dependability through online client feedback.
A dependable professional should provide a clear written estimate of the job before it begins, listing the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should possess excellent communication skills and a readiness to answer any questions and concerns regarding cost, schedule, and craftsmanship throughout the refinishing project. It would be wise to also inquire about any warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another factor that can demonstrate they have faith in the quality of their workmanship.
How do experts refinish cabinets?
An expert working on your cabinet refinishing project will follow an established process for speed and excellent results. There are usually several steps taken to transform the style of existing cabinets, such as:
- Evaluation and Prepping: Cabinets should be first evaluated to make sure they are in proper condition to be refinished. If so, any gear will be removed, including handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces will be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Repair and Fill: Some small issues, like scratches, dents, or other blemishes in the wood will be repaired or filled to better blend in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing method will be applied in careful, even coats to accomplish the style you're looking for. The drying and curing step is critical to imparting a professional result, and may require several hours to complete.
- Reassembly: After your paint or stain completely cures, any gear will be reattached and cabinets fully reassembled for use. A quality inspection will make sure the finished project satisfies your standards, which includes a final cleanup of the full work area.
It's important to note that every refinishing process will vary depending on things such as the type of cabinets and the desired finish. Furthermore, professionals may perform specialized methods, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific aesthetic effects, which will require a longer amount of time. Be sure to speak directly with any contractor you employ to ensure they can bring your vision to reality.
One Site With All The Information Needed To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher Near Sewanee, TN With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several homeowners in Sewanee, TN have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why many homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less chaotic to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Sewanee, TN confidently.