Find a Pro in Sharps Chapel, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How should you go about selecting the most suitable exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home, selecting a classic color that goes with your overall design will be the ideal choice. It's relatively affordable to boost how your home looks with assistance from a knowledgeable and experienced contractor. These are some of the considerations you should make when selecting a color arrangement for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you select should complement the overarching design you're aiming for and the mood you want to create. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Blues and greens are tasteful hues that have the propensity to put you at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For a touch of color that sticks out from the rest, yellows and oranges are bold enough to attain the desired results.
- Comfort: Toned down, neutral colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more pleasant and content.
What benefits come with the choice to hire a contractor for exterior painting?
Seeking an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your home will typically provide you with a superior result than you could achieve by yourself. DIY jobs rarely go as planned unless you have the materials and experience to perform the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of spending time attempting to repair flaws, homeowners can turn to an exterior painter to perform the job as skillfully as possible. The skill they've acquired from their experience in the field will be reflected in the degree of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup afterward, you should hire a contractor to do it all. With their first-rate approach and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or delivering subpar results.
How can you prepare your house for an exterior painting job?
Exterior painting provides outstanding results when it is carried out with close attention to detail and sticking to high-quality standards. Professional contractors are equipped with the training, materials, and methods to perform the job with outstanding craftsmanship. Remarkable craftsmanship starts with taking first steps that help the paint adhere and look great for many years. Prepare for an exterior painting job by taking the following steps:
- Power wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime provides you with a clean area to work with, so using pressure washing equipment is a great way to wash it off.
- Scrape off loose paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove flaky or cracked parts that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix damage on exterior of your home so that you can work with a flat surface.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it for a sleek varnish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to help the paint adhere.
Can you offer a quote of the cost involved in exterior house painting?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a worthwhile project for many homeowners who want to boost their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it safe from the elements throughout the year. Other criteria that can influence the overall cost is how knowledgeable your contractor is because it can equate to higher quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a local painting contractor who can evaluate the project and offer you an accurate estimate for the costs you can anticipate to pay.
Compare Exterior Home Painting Contractors in Sharps Chapel, Tennessee
Begin looking for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and hire companies in Sharps Chapel, Tennessee. If your home needs a new coat of paint, you can hire a contractor with the training and knowledge to deliver high-quality services. You can improve your home's design with fresh paint that simultaneously offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage. By hiring a contractor to handle the job, you're making sure it'll meet your specifications.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can efficiently browse for painters, check ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can check out other exterior painting jobs to get a better idea of what they can provide. Search through professional profiles and easing your search is more efficient when you use our free app. It's convenient and hassle-free to use for anyone to pick the most suitable contractor for the job in their area. In addition, you can direct message professional painters, ask for a quote, and book a consultation all on one platform.
Go over the project details with an exterior painting professional who can give you useful recommendations and help you brainstorm a beautiful color combination. Painting can increase your home value and essentially make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what the right color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with assistance from several local professionals prepared to begin the project and deliver exceptional workmanship. Get an outstanding finished product by downloading our home management platform and reach out to an experienced exterior painting contractor to take care of the whole process with careful attention to detail.