Find a Pro in Shelbyville, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Does interior painting provide an adequate return on investment?
The short answer is yes, and these are benefits from interior painting services:
- Increase the Appeal of Your Residence: A good paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. It can also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even over listing price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your home in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by a professional painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the highest ROIs when factoring in the impact on home value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively low-cost project to update your home, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. If you haven't painted your house recently or have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, many residents are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the option you go with, a fresh paint color can help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted strengthens your home now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are manufactured with materials that easily absorb moisture. Eventually, enough absorption can lead to compromised walls which can be risky to your property's structural integrity. Water behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health dangers. Paint is designed to keep moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your home.
- Strengthen Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints currently are made with low or zero VOCs. If you or your family suffer from allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great choice for your home. A fresh coat of paint also limits dust and other toxins to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Fantastic: All houses have flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently show scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your home over the years. Getting your home's interior painted removes all cosmetic issues and can make your home look updated and clean. A fresh paint color applied to your interior can also modernize your home.
What is the least busiest season of year for painting contractors?
A major benefit to booking within the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep most homeowners from doing projects, so painting companies are more readily available.
As a result, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they normally charge in peak times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked around the clock for months on end.
How frequently should I consider repainting my home's exterior?
Chipped and cracked paint are some obvious things to keep an eye on; however, there are also some less obvious things that can cause problems as well. Exterior painting can be an extensive project, so it's never a bad idea to hire expert painters.
Because every home differs from one another, there is no set timeline to repaint, which makes this more difficult for homeowners. Most professionals express that you'll need to paint approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by factors such as where you live, weather, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's a good idea to try and find out, since having detailed information about the paint job can make a big difference. The type of paint used, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color used can all affect its durability. It's also useful to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether the residence was painted on a bright or cloudy day can change how well the paint dries.
What are the duties of a house painter?
Here are examples of what a professional painter can help with:
- Select Colors: If you're struggling to find the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can count on the experience of your hired painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter knows this and can take care of the prep stage before painting commences.
- Identify Damages: As your home painter preps for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they notice things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas need to be fixed before the project can begin, of course. Your professional may then recommend dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they will take care of it themselves.
- Do Repairs: Most painting contractors are proficient at conducting such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When hiring a high-quality painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned the home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Discover an Experienced Residential Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces in in Shelbyville, TN
When you want a dependable house painter in Shelbyville, TN, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent way to breathe new life into your property while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that provides a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted home can enhance your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer excellent suggestions about various paint brands and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Various colors can even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your home also provides many practical benefits for its structural integrity. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a variety of problems caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a professional paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly tool that compiles all the important information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of professional painters in Shelbyville, TN and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also enables you to directly message expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who can deliver the quality services you deserve.