Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Shiloh, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish old cabinets rather than purchase new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that plenty of homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than completely replacing them is a great practice to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other great benefits of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically switch up the look of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and simple project to change their style compared to installing new ones. Because you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the trouble of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect excellent results when you allow a competent contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to make sure your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
What is the difference between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between the two and handymen will need to understand what service you want. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the current doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features its own unique approach and delivers a certain outcome in the appearance of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
What is the suggested amount of times I should refinish cabinets
One of the best benefits about wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make the product appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the quality of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the service needs to be done again depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing project will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
When will cabinet refinishing be the ideal choice for my space?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it might be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable way to boost your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets could already work well with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less disruption to your lifestyle compared to a full cabinet replacement.
People of Shiloh, TN have related paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this project is best for you.
One Platform Containing All The Information You Need To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher Near Shiloh, TN Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to transform the look of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and many homeowners in Shiloh, TN have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood products.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less chaotic to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those on a tight schedule.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more can be found on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Shiloh, TN with confidence.