Find a pro in Signal Mountain, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to stall the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Signal Mountain, TN
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Signal Mountain, TN, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing experts featured on our site have the skills and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to find the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.