Find a Pro in Summertown, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What is the usual cost of labor when painting a home's interior?
The cost to paint the interior of your home is dependant on the square footage of the area. One 300-square-foot area will be much more affordable than the entire home, especially a big home.
You should expect to pay around $3 and $7 per square foot when hiring a nearby painter to paint the interior of your home. You'll pay less if you paint the space on your own or live in a region with low labor costs. However, other factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or higher if you have tall ceilings, need wall repair, or want accents.
How frequently should I think about repainting my home's exterior?
Cracked and chipped paint are some evident things to keep an eye on, but there are also some less obvious things that can create issues as well. Exterior painting can be an extensive job, so it's never a bad idea to book expert painters.
Unfortunately, there is no set timeframe to repaint, since every house is different. A lot of experts say that you'll need to paint approximately within five to ten years, depending on factors like where you live, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
When you've just acquired a house, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's always recommended to try and find out, since possessing detailed information about the paint job will make a big difference. The kind of paint used, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color chosen can all affect its longevity. It could be beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, since whether your home was painted on a bright or cloudy day can impact how well the paint dries.
What are some services I should expect my professional painting contractor to provide?
Here are examples of what an expert painter will help with:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to find the ideal colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your certified professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a harder time adhering to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and will handle this prep work before painting starts.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your home painter prepares for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they find anything like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These issues must be addressed before the project can begin, of course. Your painter may then recommend dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they will handle it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: Experienced painting contractors are proficient at making such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By employing an expert painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned your home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much do professional painters charge hourly?
The average painter's price on labor ranges from $22 to $43 per hour, without taxes or overhead included.
Keep in mind that this pricing is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist per hour. For that reason, that price does not include the cost of insurance, taxes, tools, or any gallons of paint.
Find an Experienced Residential Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces in in Summertown, TN
When you're looking for a dependable residential painter in Summertown, TN, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your home is an excellent choice to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that delivers a good ROI in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted house works to elevate your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you have to life or offer excellent suggestions about different paint types and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Various colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and interior of your home also offers several practical benefits for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a range of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading culprits of home decay, but the sealing capability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will beautify your house inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a simple tool that organizes all the necessary information to let you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of vetted painters in Summertown, TN and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also permits you to directly communicate with expert residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your search for a contractor who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.