Find a pro in Taft, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Taft, Tennessee
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Taft, Tennessee. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Taft, Tennessee. Get the roofing services you need for your home right away.